What is Seo? part 2
“It’s not about ‘get the traffic’ – it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic'”
Any layman can come in, press the boost button on a social media post, and get that post in front of more eyes than it would have had organically. But, can they answer, what is SEO?
Here’s a quick anecdote.
When I was 19 years old, I really wanted to work on vintage cars. But, as a college student with only so much more debt I was allowed to incur, that was just not in my budget.
However, I found that getting a vintage, 1975 Honda CB360 Motorcycle was not only rather affordable, but pretty dang cool. So that’s the route I took.
Now, I never had any real experience working on any type of vehicle – let alone a vintage one.
So, I found out pretty quickly that when the forums said that working on vintage motorcycles can be pretty affordable, they meant to say that it’s affordable if you know what you’re doing and can troubleshoot exactly what the issue was before you needed to send out for a new part.
In other words, if you didn’t know what you were doing, you were just throwing money at the bike in the hopes it would start working.
So, of course, I had to go and learn exactly how to get down to the root of the problem, lest I go from broke to really broke.
All this to say, it takes time, effort, and a real consideration to get your content, profile, and ads in front of eyes that really matter. Anyone can throw money at the problem and increase your reach. Yet, getting actual, authentic engagement is really where its at.
Don’t invest in a money pit.
Please continue reading
to find exactly what I mean!
1. Getting lots of traffic is good and all, but it is not the primary focus of SEO
- Like in the anecdote, any person can come in with absolutely zero training or expertise and throw money at the problem in hopes of finding the solution.
Yet, that doesn’t often provide good, authentic results.
And, just as importantly, it doesn’t guarantee repeatable results.
- The true bread and butter is learning how marketing to the specific audience you want is done.
- SEO is about bringing the RIGHT audience to your page – not just about bringing any person who walks by.
Marketing to everybody, will leave you with nobody.
2. You want traffic coming to your page that is already warm to begin with. That takes accurate targeting.
- The arrow aimed at the general target is likely to miss the target completely.
Picking a specific spot on the target and imagining the arrow hitting it is much more likely that you will hit something
- Find the audience that is already interesting in what you’re trying to market to them.
Have a gym? Find the audience that’s interested in fitness and self-improvement.
Have a clothing line? Find the audience that’s interested in fashion.
- Marketing to a specific audience that already shares an interest in what you’re trying to market allows warm traffic to flow through your page – allowing for a better conversion rate.
3. Use SEO to target customers that are already interested in what you have to offer, but don’t know it’s you they specifically want.
- Maybe you sell coffee beans that are environmentally friendly and fair trade. So, you have 3 audiences that you could potentially market to.You have the audience that is interested in making coffee at home, but they need to know that your coffee is an option.You have the audience that is environmentally conscious, and they’re always looking for ways to increase their environmental awareness and decrease their footprint.And, you have the audience that is interested in making sure the beans that they use for the coffee in their morning is ethically sourced and not at the cost of taking advantage of poor farmers.
- Target these people through their interests, and you will find success.
4. Find problems people have and incorporate the solutions into your content. When they search for the inevitable problems, they’ll find out how you’re the solution.
- The best thing you can do for anyone is the provide the solution the problems that pain them.
Consider this.On one, more important aspect, you are actually actively seeking out the pains and problems your audience is facing and trying to find a way to alleviate that.
That should be the goal of your business to begin with, in my opinion. If you are trying to improve lives in some way, then you are that much more likely to actually see a positive response from your customers, your sales will rise, and you can actually feel good about what you’re doing.Secondly, being the solution to someone’s problem puts you in the place of high value. Suddenly, you’re the one saving people from what is putting them down – from what is inhibiting them from being fully happy. In doing so, you become indispensable.
- Now, on the SEO side of things, consider this:
How many times do you go to google to search for an answer to a problem you’re having?
I’ll tell you this. Typically speaking, people do this. A lot.
Now, imagine someone is searching for a solution to their problem, and you pop up with not only the answer to their question but with a product or service to take their problems away.
Provide the answers for how to find relief while being the method they find it.
Conscio Marketing employs even more complex strategies to boost your SEO. We do it on your website, on your social media, your google listings, your advertisements, off-page, and much more!
Remember, your conscious business may be great..
But what’s the point if nobody gets to see it?
For these tips and more, follow us on all social platforms.
For us to handle this intricate field for you, contact us now.
But, either way:
Happy Conscious Marketing!